Thursday, December 25, 2008

Respect your parents: Saroja Devi


Veteran actress Saroja Devi attended a function at MGR Janaki Women's College, held to honor the 21st anniversary of the legendary MG Ramachandran. Accompanying her was actress Sulochana during this college function. Director of administration, Rajendran, Latha Rajendran, Chief of the college, Usha Krishnan, HOD of Tamil department, Agastin, and dean of Sathyabama University, Japeyaar were present amongst the students of the college.
Saroja Devi addressing the students said," MGR was born on 17th and my birthday falls on 7th. Our lucky numbers are the same and we were both born in the same month. When I entered this college campus which was once the popular production company Sathya Studios, I was moved to tears. I once enacted movies like 'Kalangari Vilakkam', 'Palum Pazhamum' and 'Padakotti' in this same location. I am standing before you in this status only because of my mentor MGR. He's the one who taught me to talk, to mingle and everything else."
"I learnt one crucial thing from him which is respect you parents at all times. Those people who respect and adore their parents will surely go places. I have never neglected by mother's words in my life. He never asked me to join politics or in the AIADMK as I wasn't allured by politics. MGR is the real hero of all times irrespective of him being alive or not. A birth or death should be like MGR's which I adore the most."

Yesteryear actress Saroja Devi is now reigning back to the big screen in K Balaji's next production.
Balaji is a veteran actor cum producer and had produced over 50 films with his last being 'Kireedam' in 2007. His association with Saroja Devi goes back to the time of 'Manamulla Marudaram'(1962) when they acted together.
Now after 47 years, Balaji is back to work with her yet again. The film will be a remake and the cast and crew will be announced soon.
Saroja Devi will appear in a prominent character in the film. 'I am very happy to be acting in a Balaji film once again,' says the thespian.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner