Friday, November 28, 2008

I am against remixes: Harris Jayaraj


Harris Jayaraj is an accomplished music composer, who has carved a niche for himself coming up big time chartbusters. At a time when every other music composer is keen on coming out with a remix, Harris Jayaraj says, ' I am against remixing songs. If music composers remix my tunes after 15 -20 years, that would make me happy. As a composer, I am not excited about remixing'. On the crop of young music directors in Kollywood today, he says, 'I loved the song 'Kangal Irandal' in Subramaniapuram composed by James Vasanthan. I also admire the songs in 'Veyyil' set to tunes by G V Prakash. Asked why he has not come out with any music album or stage shows, Harris Jayaraj says, ' I am busy with my commitments. I am not behind name or fame. However in a couple of years from now, I may come out with an album'.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner