Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cheran changed his mind!


Though Cheran is not so happy about the response of his ‘Pokkisham’, he doesn’t wants to nag over it and kill time in vanity. He wants to know what the reason of this meager response was and what was deficient in the movie. The actor-turned-director made a trip to Trichy Bishop Keeper College and had chitchat with the youngsters there to figure out the drawback. After the discussion the actor had changed his mind! What is that change? Lets’ hear it straight from Cheran…
“The majority of the crowd that comes to the theater is youngsters who are below 25. We are in apposition to do film that will attract this majority class. So, films with commercial values can only stand the competition”, he said drably
“Through ‘Pokkisham’ I wanted to show the soft and loyal love story of olden days. But these days, youths never like stories like this. They proved that their love stories are different from my love stories. I have understood that I should give films to satisfy this kind of crowd or else stay out of the way” he adds
“I wanted to show honesty in my story, however big actors did not like it, and so I acted in ‘Pokkisham’. I have not earned riches but I have earned the recognition from the audience who support me. I’ve lost my wealth by doing these realistic stories. I have a family of my own so, I need to look after them as well. My films in the future will have commercial ingredients that do not kill the logic,” concludes Cheran with a face that engulfed his vexation.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner