Monday, September 21, 2009

'Calm cop' is confident

Small screen actor Prem Kumar is on cloud nine. The reason is- he is getting congratulatory messages from all quarters for having played the role of a 'calm and cool' policeman in Kamal Haasan- starrer 'Unnaipol Oruvan'.
"Right from the time I was young, I was a great fan of Kamal. I was thrilled when I got a call from him asking me to act in 'Unnaipol Oruvan' as he was impressed with my performance as a police officer in my earlier film Nepali," he says.
The actor, who started his career in filmdom with Chief Minister M Karunanidhi’s Kannamma, is happy that he has shared the screen with Kamal. Prem is delighted for he had done the role in both the Tamil and Telugu versions- 'Unnaippol Oruvan' and 'Eenadu' respectively.
‘It was a great moment in my life’, he says with joy. On sharing screen screen with Mohanlal and Venkatesh in Tamil and Telugu versions, Prem says, "Working with the likes of Mohan Lal and Venkatesh has been refreshing was a boon. With Lal, the comfort- level was high. He is so jovial and down-to-earth. Venkatesh always kept the crew in splits with his wit. Besides, he is very professional."
On Kamal, he says, "Kamal strives for perfection, I see his dedication to get everything right on screen. He is a source of inspiration for every up-and-coming actor. I thank the Almighty for having given me such a wonderful chance".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner