Thursday, January 31, 2013

Everybody needs a hit: Shruti Haasan


Shruti Haasan, who is neck deep in work right now, says she couldn’t have had a better start to 2013, “I am busy with three Telugu films, two Hindi films and a Tamil movie. I have a busy and exciting year ahead,” says Shruti, who is currently shooting for Yevadu with Ram Charan. In fact, the actress celebrated her birthday on Monday with the cast and crew of themovie on the sets.
The actress also confirms that she has signed a Harish Shankar movie opposite NTR Jr. The two were supposed to work together earlier, but due of date issues, Shruti had to opt out. “Now, I will finally be working with NTR Jr and I’m excited about teaming up with Harish Shankar again after Gabbar Singh,” she says.
Shruti is also pinning her hopes on her Hindi film, Ramaiya Vasta Vaiya, to make a Bollywood comeback of sorts after a long hiatus. And this one has a good dose of Southern flavour too. “Prabhu Dheva has already made his mark inBollywood as a director and since I know him well, it is so comfortable to be working with him in this remake of Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana.We have however, made a lot of changes in theHindi version. I am playing a village girl in this film,” adds Shruti, who is essaying Trisha’s role in the film. The actress also has anotherBollywood movie in her kitty — a Nikhil Advani film set against the backdrop of terrorism, starring Arjun Rampal.
“I am working on a Tamil movie too. I love this…being busy and working everyday,” she says. Tell her that after a series of flops, her fortunes changed with one hit and Shruti says, “Yes, everybody needs a hit, but at the same time people have to like my work too. I’m more thankful for the fact that people appreciated my work in every film and I work hard to earn that.”
With her filmi graph going strong, Shruti is keen on focusing on her singing career now. “Music has always been my love and I will be singing a lot more in Tollywood films, apart from writing lyrics too,” reveals the actress, who is busy shuttling between Mumbai, Hyderabad and Chennai these days. “I live in Mumbai with my mom and sister. And of course, I always consider Chennai as home. But for the last few years, I’ve been practically living in Hyderabad,” says Shruti.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner