Wednesday, November 4, 2009

When Amitabh Obeyed Bhagyaraj


Bhagyaraj is directing son Shanthanu in KBR Medias’ Siddhu +2 First Attempt. But the ride has not been a smooth one. “Directing your son is not easy. I am someone who did not even compromise with Amitabh Bachchan when directing him decades ago. I told him to do an entire dialogue in English and he refused at first because he felt his audiences would prefer Hindi. He discussed it with me at length but in the end he obeyed me, trusting my judgement.Later after the release, he rang me at 2 am telling me how his audiences clapped wildly at that particular scene. Such was his faith in me. But Shanthanu kept giving me suggestions all the time and would carry the topic home and tell his mother about whatever differences we had on sets! I had to compromise a lot with him. Next time I will direct a film with another hero and prove that I my own ideas are better!” said a laughing Bhagyaraj in a lighter vein while addressing the media.Later Salim Javed, Amitabh’s film writers had reportedly told Bhagyaraj, “You have made Amitabh speak English for 120 feet of film when he is a man who wont speak more than two lines of English on screen!”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner