Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Exclusive interview of Gowtham Menon


For all, especially Ajith fans who were quite disappointed as Ajith Kumar and Gowtham Menon dropped their projects, here's good news. The versatile filmmaker has assured that by all means he would be working with Ajith Kumar for he's a fantastic actor.
Here goes the exclusive interview of Gowtham Menon and we bring you the excerpts.
Why the project got dropped?
Sivaji Productions were pressurizing me to provide them with final draft of scripts when I was busy on the post production works of 'Vaaranam Aayiram'. I requested to grant him few more days, but they never heeded. So, they had turned away from the offer.
What happens to that script now?
I am making it as a bilingual film both in Tamil and Telugu with Allu Aravind in lead role for both the versions. Earlier plans were to name the film as 'Suraangani' and now I have rechristened it as 'Sura'.
Wouldn't you work with Ajith anymore?
Why not? Definitely, after penning a powerful story we would work together. On the pars, I am so interested in working with Vijay too.
Something on Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam…
98% of the film is already completed and only couple of songs is pending. Rahman has tuned 6 fantastic numbers for me.
Any ideas about working with Harris again?
Earlier, I had plans about getting together with Harris after Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam. But then, now I have decided not to work with him. I am so happy with A.R. Rahman and we are discussing couple of other films to work in future.
Your film seems to have more importance centered on female characterizations…
It's the rule of a film that when you've a heroine, she must have a meaty role to play. Not just use her for shaking legs, running around the bush with hero and disappear.
After the flop of Minnale remake in Hindi, would you return to Bollywood?
Flops and hits of a film don't determine a filmmaker's career. If 'Rehana Hai Tere Dil Mein' was a flop, it has various reasons. But it doesn't mean my Bollywood dreams would fade away. I am planning to remake 'Vetaiyadu Vilaiyaadu' in Hindi with Amitabh Bachchan in lead role. Unlike Tamil version, there wouldn't be any romantic quotients in the film and it's directly focused on the murder mystery.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner